Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How To Wear: Peter Pan Collars

Since I haven't posted in the past few days, I have this urge to post today. I remembered that I posted a video on my Youtube channel about how to wear peter pan collars. And  I know that not all of you are fond of watching youtube videos that is why I'm going to feature that idea here today.

1. Layering

Dress: Thrift store  Top: Thrift store  Belt:  Dorothy Perkins  Bag: Thrift store

You might not notice or you might, but I am actually wearing a dress. I layered the peter pan-collared dress under a mustard top and it kinda look like I am wearing a skirt under a top, nice huh? I cinched my waist with a black skinny belt to give my body more definition. And who says, black and brown don't go together? I believe that a black and brown combination screams CLASSINESS and so I went with a tiny brown satchel.  For my shoes I went with black oxfords because personally, I think peter pan collars together with oxfords is so classic.

 This way of wearing peter pan collars is so practical.  Because,  you bought something that you can wear in so many ways.



2. Collar on Collar
Top: Thrift store Shorts: Thrift store Bag: Thrift store  


Necklace: Girl Shoppe


I first saw this look on  Tricia Gosingtian, one of the Bloggers that I really look up to. From a far view, it looks like the collar of the shirt has embellishments but the truth is your just wearing a collar necklace.

Through the collar necklace you can make all your clothing items look like they have collars, which for me is a very good thing.



3. Cardi

Top: Greenhills Short: Thrift store  Cardigan: Thrift store



Here is a closer look of the top.


Oxford shoes: Forever 21


In this look, I showed you how you can incorporate your peter pan-collared items with another clothing item. The combination of the top with the cardigan is all out cuteness. What I did with the cardigan is, i rolled the sleeves which I think adds a little bit of cuteness in the outfit. I finished of the look with a beige pair of oxford shoes. 
-----------------------------


So, That is it for today. I think I will be making this a series. Every now and then I'm going to feature a trend and show you guys How to wear /How to style them.




No comments:

Post a Comment