Sunday, November 3, 2013

Red Carpet Ready

It's always been a challenge for me to dress for a debut or any occassion with the same concept, because 1)I have to see to it that I do not underdress or in other cases overdress 2)These type of occasssions always have themes you have to conform with. But amidst all those dilemmas I always end up with the most unusual pairings for an outfit which is not exactly a bad thing. 

Last October 25 was the debut of one of my bestfriends Leane, and she picked out Hollywood (or something like that, I'm a bit confused) as her theme. Originally I was going to wear a simple red dress, because that's the color that comes to my mind when I hear the word hollywood but unfortunately she excluded the color red for us to wear so I had no choice but to think of another outfit.

Since I do not have enough time to shop for a great dress, I just worked with what I got in my closet and bam! I got an incredible outfit.    

Dress: Thrifted | Top: Forever 21

If you have been watching my videos on youtube for awhile now (thank you!) , you have to know that this the dress is actually a tube top dress but since I don't have courage to wear it on its own I had to layer it with another top and honestly I liked it this more this way the the original dress itself. It made the dress more classy and sophisticated! 
(You can check out the individual pieces featured in my videos here and here) .

Shoes: Chic Label

I left all of my heels back here in Manila then, so there's another dilemma there. Luckily my Mom's boutique is just around the corner (Its literally around the corner of our house, LOL) so I have some pretty nice black heels to choose from, but in the end I settled for this black kitten heels. Again it has that very classy feel to it which goes perfectly with the outfit. 
( For those who want to visit my Mom's boutique, Chic Label,  you can e-mail me for details, that is if you live near me *evil laugh JK) 

Necklace: Claire's

Purse: Mom's Closet

I also took some photos of what my friends wore to give you more ideas on different styles you can also wear. 
You can go bold with cut outs like my friend Claudette! 

The "Little Black Dress" can also be a statement and like my friend Pia, you can also pull off an LBD since it's a very foolproof outfit. 

Hollywood is never complete without sparkles/ glitters, and wearing it is a great idea. You can wear a dress full on covered with sparkles or just do it subtly just like my friend Jen did. 

Classic silhouettes like a peplum dress can also work, and meet my friend Joane rocking one.


It was a very magical night, and I am very glad to hang out with my best friends again!   

Have a nice day. 
Be yourself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment