Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oddity is Beauty

Hiya! This is me posting another outfit post wearing high waisted shorts. I apologize for the lack of variety of my outfit post lately. I just think that high waisted shorts seems to be the most appropriate to wear this days. However, this ensemble is different from the others. 

I took my odd looking looking shorts for a spin and took inspiration from it and I just worked around it. I thrifted/bought this shorts for three reasons. The first one and the most obvious one is because of it's peplum-like design . It's like peplum the reincarnation LOL.Then, the print caught my eye. I always wanted at least one item in my closet that has an animal print in it. Not the usual leopard, cheetah or zebra, but a real/whole animal print. I've been hunting sometime now and I can't believe that I have found it at a thrift store (From time to time, I am becoming more impressed at the things I find at thrift stores, it makes me want to thrift more, it's addicting actually). And finally, the fact that it's shorts make it a hundred percent better, more convenient and comfortable.

Another odd thing I love about this outfit is the bag I used. I refer to it as a mangkukulam's bag. Not that I know what they carry as a bag. But it gives me that vibe of something mystical and mysterious. It's like there's a story behind it. I see it and think of the gems as buttons where in when you press it there's something that's going to happen, some magic or something like that. If you know what I'm talking about good for you, I don't even understand half the things I said LOL.  

Top: Thrifted | Shorts: Thrifted

Bag: thrifted | Sunnies: Mura Dito

Gold and Black Bracelet: Accessorize | Crystal Bracelet: Gift



Odd usually comes off as a bad thing, but it's good to try it sometimes because you'll never know maybe it's a good thing after all. I tried it myself and I was surprised at the outcome, because I think it's beautiful and I think you'll agree with me on this, at least I think you'll do LOL. The lesson that comes with this post is ; In dressing up, don't be safe by doing the usual. Be bold and try something odd for it might lead to something beautiful, it's a good life advise too.


What do you think of my outfit?
Be yourself ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment